Pet Vaccinations for a Healthier Bloomfield
Your pet isn’t the only one who benefits from vaccines. When vaccines are widespread in a population, they create a herd or community immunity which means that the whole population is protected from dangerous diseases. Herd immunity also helps to protect those that are compromised and unable to receive vaccines. However, any lapse in pet vaccinations puts the community, and your pet, at risk. At DePorre Veterinary Hospital, we offer safe, effective vaccines for your cats and dogs.
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza)
- Leptospirosis (bacterial disease; strongly advised due to increasing number of cases in our area)
- Bordetella (kennel cough; recommended, and often required, for dogs in boarding, daycare, grooming, and training)
- Canine Influenza (a severe respiratory illness; recommended, and often required, for dogs in boarding, daycare, grooming, and training)
- Lyme (a tick-borne illness; recommended for outdoor dogs)
- FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
- Feline Leukemia (a highly contagious, incurable disease; recommended for outdoor cats)
Consistent Vaccinations Throughout Life
Both cats and dogs need vaccinations throughout their lives. They’ll receive an initial series of vaccines at a young age, usually starting between 6 and 8 weeks of age. Then, they’ll require boosters either annually or every three years (depending on the vaccine) in order to maintain their immunity. When you come in for your pet’s vaccination appointment, we’ll discuss their schedule with you so you understand which vaccines your pet needs and when. Contact us today to learn more about pet vaccinations and to make your appointment.
First time and so wonderful. Welcoming staff and clean and bright. Loved the attention and our little pooch was a little nervous going in but came out looking and feeling great!